The Douglas County Foster And Adoptive Parent Association (DCFAPA) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
Our Mission Statement:
The mission of the Douglas County Foster and Adoptive Parent Association is to strengthen, support, and educate relative and non-relative foster and adoptive parents who enrich the lives of the children they serve.
We purpose to engage and support resource parents, agency representatives and members of the community to promote mutual coordination, cooperation and communication in an effort to encourage recruitment and retention of resource families with a heartfelt calling for the purpose of improving the system and enhancing the lives of all children and their families.
The goals of DCFAPA are:
- To provide information and a network of resources to families.
- To encourage community awareness and education through collaboration and partnerships with other organizations.
- To cultivate relationships between families through peer support, social activities, and events.
- To offer quality training and educational opportunities to parents.
- To assist families with emergent needs and to supplement enrichment opportunities.
Foster and Adoptive Parent Assoication Board
The Foster And Adoptive Parent Association Board consists of volunteer hard-working and dedicated individuals that bring a vast amount of experience to the table. Most have fostered and adopted and are currently raising their own families. Each officer is dedicated to supporting you, as a foster or adoptive parent, and welcomes any volunteers that are interested in getting involved! We are all working toward the same goal … improving the lives of our precious children.